What are the spring colors for 2015 and what determines the specific new colors for any season? The company Pantone, the authority on color, forecasts color trends and provides color systems for color critical industries around the world from fashion, to housewares, to graphic arts. This comprehensive system for matching, identifying and communicating color provides designers with an essential tool when they enter a production phase. Very simply put – the process uses four inks; cyan, magenta, yellow and black and the majority of everything printed and created around the world is based on the combination of these colors, ensuring color uniformity.
Spring Colors: Pantone’s Top Ten
None of the colors are overly bright and there is an absence of a ‘hot’ color. Toasted Almond, Strawberry Ice, Tangerine, Custard and Marsala are warm colors. There are soft neutral earthy hues like Marsala, Tangerine, Toasted Almond, Lucite Green and Custard. The overall easy feel of this palette lends itself to many of the fanciful and feminine trends seen this spring.
Spring Fashion and Jewelry
1. Beautiful blue suede pump by Baukjen. $219
2. Stylish denim effect trench by Karen Millen. $599
3. Versatile and flattering navy blue dress by Baukjen. $145
4. “Daiquiri”, charming strawberry and peach semi-precious necklace by Earth and Moon Design. $60
5. Smart beige handbag by DKNY. $278
Take a breather with your weekend wear in soothing Scuba Blue, Aquamarine and earthy Toasted Almond:
1. Soft sun-faded cotton T by Orvis. $39
2. “Mermaid”, gemstone nugget necklace in pretty spring colors by Earth and Moon Design. $68
3. Supple suede shirt by Orvis. $250
4. Flattering straight leg 5 pocket indigo jeans by Baukjen. $159
5. Sharp booties imported from Italy by Sundance Catalog. $198
A night out can feel like a trip in time with an artisinal touch of Lucite Green and Tangerine:
1. Sassy fringed leather handbag by Karen Millen. $299
2. Exotic green turquoise statement necklace, “Babylon” by Earth and Moon Design. $70
3. Flirty and festive knit dress by Peruvian Connection. $229
4. Stylish chunky heeled leather sandal by DKNY. $250
This is a fabulous lineup of colors that will be a pleasure to shop and wear. The finishing touch for reflecting the latest fashions is always a new piece of jewelry. Jewelry brings an instant refresh of style and color to an outfit. Our spring collection is bursting with color inspired by fashions seen on the runways and by the beauty of nature.