Transition to Fall with Style and Ease
The temperatures are in the 90’s but believe it or not, it is not too early to start thinking about some new fall wardrobe ideas. When transitioning from season to season, we want to proceed in a stress-free, organized way so we don’t get overwhelmed or caught unprepared for seasonal changes while remaining attuned to our lifestyle.
A look at the latest blogs, style magazines, runway fashions and advertisements reveals the latest trends. Not that you have to be a die-hard follower, but it’s often a good idea to be familiar with them so you recognize the styles or the most flattering merchandise when you do pop into the stores.
Transition from Summer with these Fall Wardrobe Ideas
To help you on your way, start thinking about:
1. What worked well last year? Did you wear out your favorite denim? Perhaps this year you will purchase the tall boots you passed up last year. Are you sick of the sweater vest you wore every day last September? If it is time for some new transitional outer wear, there are great 70’s inspired suede jackets to choose from as well as long line blazers that are perfect for layering with knits and a skinny scarf.
2. Accessories are a great transitioning asset. Now is a good time to switch your bracelets around; weave in some fall colors with your gold and silver bangles. Or toss on a heavier pendant necklace. If you change up your bracelets and necklaces, you can accomplish a new look.
3. Has your body size changed? This can be a challenge for many of us and important to take into consideration as a good fit can do wonders for our figures as well as our confidence. Make sure you have comfortable go-to pieces that fit well.
4. Perhaps your business or job has gone in a new direction? Maybe you haven’t been out and about meeting new people for a while. With more speaking engagements, meetings, and conferences, your business attire could probably use some freshening up. Select a few coordinating outfits that you can mix and match for smart work attire.
5. Set time aside for cleaning out your closet. Flip it- if you’re lucky enough to have a big closet, push your off-season outfits towards the back; if your closet is small, move things to storage. Declutter and donate things you no longer wear. As you reorganize and cull your wardrobe, you should make notes of what items you need to round out your existing wardrobe: new blazer, belt or mid-size heel.
6. Are you aware of the hot colors this year for fall? We are all familiar with traditional fall colors and Pantone has got some exciting color picks. One of our favorites is Teal (Biscay Bay), that gorgeous blue/green that looks fabulous on almost everyone. Some other bright unexpected on-trend colors are Purple (Amethyst Orchid), Rose (Cashmere Rose), Wine (Marsala) and Amber(Oak Buff). We love designing with these rich colors and pairing them with a darker traditional fall palette creates an enlivened yet sophisticated look.
In between seasons doesn’t have to be as awkward as it sounds. It’s an opportunity to combine colors and trends creatively. Consider the 6 tips above and have fun layering your favorite pieces and planning your best fall looks.
Here is an ever updating selection of the collection we currently have available for Fall:
We can assist you when coordinating your wardrobe with your jewelry or if selecting a new necklace or bracelet for an outfit, so feel free to contact us through our website: https://EarthandMoonDesign.com .