You wouldn’t think of purple as a fall color but it is right up there as a favorite. You know it seems to add drama to just about any outfit and manages to create an instant impact. When asked about the color people usually associate it with the color of royalty, wealth and leadership.
Wonder if that’s why it is my favorite as well as many others. Purple is created through a combination of 2 opposites, red and blue- warm and cool, feminine and masculine and appears in dozens of shades from indigo to plum, eggplant, violet, lavender and royal deep purple. My favorite shades are aubergine, plum and mauve.
Why do we love it?
It makes a strong style statement, has some authority and for me is more feminine and richer than basic black. It can be worn to business or when casually, I think it makes you look lively. If you want to be really noticed, then wear purple head to toe. I wouldn’t and prefer to wear it in small doses. Somehow I never seem to have enough purple tops or earrings. Do you?
5 Tips to Wearing Purple
1. Wear a purple blouse of any shade under a gray or black suit.
2. Pair purple with brown. It tones it down when you wear purple with brown slacks or under a brown blazer
3. Use purple just in your accessories- a purple beaded necklace, earring, handbag, scarf, belt or shoes. Looks really great when wearing a monochromatic neutral outfit.
4. Try using plum or taupe shades of eye shadow, lip gloss or nail polish.
5. If you wear an all purple outfit or dress, tone it down with black or brown shoes and accessories. Think twice before you go head to toe purple.
I couldn’t resist including purple as we see it in nature, the foods we eat and all around us. We are inspired and lit up by color. It can lighten our mood, lift our spirits, make us feel sexy, pretty, glamourous. When you visit our website: https://www.EarthandMoonDesign.com you are sure to find a handmade necklace in your favorite color. If you don’t please let us know in your comment. In fact, let us know in your comment what your favorite color or colors are. We customize and are here to please.